- wattOS R10 LXDE - 16GB USB Flash Drive (64-bit)
wattOS R10 LXDE - 16GB USB Flash Drive (64-bit)
$14.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $20
Usually ships next business day
Contents: 1 USB Flash Drive
Platform: 64-bit (x86-64, amd64)
Media Type: Live
Categories: Desktop, Old Computers
OSDisc.com Rank: #69
Date Added to OSDisc.com: September 6, 2016
Item ID: LA99SF8KFQ
Drive Model: Kingston DataTraveler SE9 (USB 2.0)
Transfer Speed: 15MB/s read; 5MB/s write
Drive Features: Unique and Sophisticated Metallic Design
Dimensions: 1.54" x 0.48" x 0.18" (39.0mm x 12.4mm x 4.6mm)
Warranty: 5-year Manufacturer Warranty
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
wattOS is a fast desktop Linux distribution based on Ubuntu. Using the lightweight LXDE desktop as its default user interface, the distribution strives to be as energy-efficient as possible so that it can be used on low-specification and recycled computers.
The result is a light, clean, fast desktop in both cases that can be used to bring old computers back to life or as a basis to start with a clean simple desktop for whatever use you decide to customize into.
Core apps and versions for LXDE
OS-Basis – Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
Core system – Kernel 4.4.0-36
Web Browser – Firefox 48.0
Music Player – Lollypop 0.9.112
File Manager – PCManFM 1.2.4
Graphics/Picture editing – gThumb 3.4.3
File-transfer – Filezilla 126.96.36.199
BitTorrent client – Transmission 2.84
PDF viewer – Evince 3.18.2
Gufw (ufw firewall gui) 16.04.1
Power management utilities like powertop to optimize settings, support for power management features of laptops are included.
Whats new in R10
- A continued focus to try and provide a clean basic desktop with a few key apps that you can then add whatever tools you like for a modern clean desktop without the clutter.
– Upgrade to newest LTS Ubuntu as base
– All new versions and upgrades to programs mentioned above
– Broader support for wireless and various hardware (added Dynamic Kernel Module Support and legacy broadcom support for wider wireless out of the box for live installs/testing)
– Changed default music player to the excellent Lollypop music player that gives access to a wide variety of streaming stations
– Added the Gufw to provide an easy to use GUI to configure firewall settings and secure your system
– Changed graphics editing to gThumb to simplify photo editing
– Removal of additional applications that may not be used often by many. (CD burning, native video player)
LXDE versions wattOS should be able to run on any system that has a processor released in the last 10 years (some even further back) with 192-256MB of RAM to install but less than 128MB after install is complete. We enjoy bringing old computers back to life, and wattOS is a great candidate to do that.