- USB Flash Drive
- Knoppix 7.7.1 - 32GB USB Flash Drive (32-bit)
Knoppix 7.7.1 - 32GB USB Flash Drive (32-bit)
$24.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $20
Usually ships next business day
Contents: 1 USB Flash Drive
Platform: 32-bit (x86)
Media Type: Live
OSDisc.com Rank: #7
Date Added to OSDisc.com: October 27, 2016
Item ID: CPKQ37AILR
Drive Model: Samsung MUF-32BE3/AM (USB 3.0/2.0)
Transfer Speed: 200MB/s read; 40MB/s write
Drive Features: Unique and Sophisticated Metallic Design
Drive Features: Water Proof, Shock Proof, Temperature Proof, Magnetic Proof, and X-Ray Proof
Dimensions: 1.6" x 0.6" x 0.5" (40mm x 15mm x 13mm)
Warranty: 5-year Manufacturer Warranty
KNOPPIX is a bootable Live system on DVD, consisting of a representative collection of GNU/Linux software, automatic hardware detection, and support for many graphics cards, sound cards, SCSI and USB devices and other peripherals. KNOPPIX can be used as a productive Linux system for the desktop, educational DVD, rescue system, or adapted and used as a platform for commercial software product demos. It is not necessary to install anything on a hard disk. Due to on-the-fly decompression, this DVD has 11 GB of executable software installed on it.
A variety of software packages from the Debian software repositories is installed:
- LXDE as the standard desktop,
- Open Office,
- the Firefox WWW browser,
- GNU Image Manipulation Program GIMP,
- MPlayer Multimedia System,
- Internet-access software for (W)LAN, modem, isdn, umts/gprs,
- Tools for data rescue, network analysis and system repair.
- Office productivity
- Software development and engineering (various programming languages and development environments)
Knoppix 7.7.1 Release Notes
- Version 7.7.1 of KNOPPIX is based on the usual picks from Debian stable (jessie), testing (stretch) and unstable (sid) for newer graphics drivers or desktop software packages. It uses Linux kernel 4.7.9 (not affected by the "Dirty Cow Bug") and xorg 7.7 (core 1.18.1) for supporting current computer hardware.
- Kernel Patches: cloop, aufs, BFQ, TCP Stealth.
- In addition to the 32bit standard kernel, the 64bit version of the same kernel is installed, supporting systems with more than 4GB of RAM and chroot to 64-bit installations for system rescue tasks. The bootloader will start the 64bit kernel automatically if a 64bit-capable CPU is detected (if not manually specified otherwise).
- New in 7.7.1:
- Kernel and system software (Debian Jessie+Stretch) updated,
- New, experimental version of 3D window manager compiz 0.9.12.2,
- LXDE (Default) with filemanager PCMANFM 1.2.4, KDE 5.7.4 (boot option
knoppix desktop=kde), GNOME 3.22 (boot option
- Wine version 1.9.20 (git) for integration of Windows (TM) based programs,
- qemu-kvm 2.6 for (para-)virtualization.
- electrum 2.6.4 for managing Bitcoin Wallets,
- Experimental support for UEFI-Boot and Secure Boot (USB version only)
Knoppix supports 32-bit and 64-bit PCs. During bootup it will detect your CPU and automatically load the correct version.