> Project: Tails
> Tails 2.7.1 - Live DVD (32-bit)
The Amnesic Incognito Live System is aimed at preserving your privacy and anonymity. It can be used on most commonly found computers independently of Microsoft Windows or whatever installed operating system.
Particularly, The Amnesic Incognito Live System guarantees you that:
- All outgoing connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network.
- No trace is left on local storage devices unless explicitely asked.
The Amnesic Incognito Live System includes, among 2GB of software:
- Tor and the Vidalia graphical frontend
- Firefox preconfigured with:
- FireGPG for e-mail encryption
- all cookies are treated as session cookies by default; the CS Lite extension provides more fine-grained cookie control for those who need it
- HTTPS Everywhere transparently enables SSL-encrypted connections to a great number of major websites
- Claws Mail e-mail client, with user-friendly GnuPG support
- GNOME, an intuitive and attractive desktop environment
- Pidgin preconfigured with OTR for Off-the-Record Messaging
- Aircrack-ng for wireless networks auditing
- Gimp and Inkscape to edit images
- Scribus for page layout
- Gobby for collaborative text writing
- Audacity for recording and editing sounds
- Poedit to edit .po files
- onBoard virtual keyboard as a countermeasure against hardware keyloggers
- Simple Scan and SANE for scanner support
- Shamir's Secret Sharing using gfshare and ssss
- Liferea feed aggregator
... from Debian and Gnome
- user-friendly LUKS-encrypted storage devices initialization and support, e.g. for USB memory sticks
- NetworkManager for easy network configuration
- can be run as a virtualized guest inside VirtualBox
... from Debian Live
- can be booted from a USB memory stick, a CD-ROM, or via netboot
- supports most modern PC hardware out-of-the-box (work-in-progress: old Apple PowerPC hardware support)
- customization (e.g. to add a given missing piece of software) is relatively easy: one may build a custom Amnesic Incognito Live System in about one hour on a modern desktop computer
To prevent cold-boot attacks and various memory forensics, Tails erases memory on shutdown and when the boot media is physically removed.
Tails has opt-in I2P support.
One can choose at boot time between the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese and Spanish (Castellano).