SparkyLinux stable edition is a GNU/Linux distribution created on the stable branch of Debian. It features customized lightweight desktops, multimedia plugins, selected sets of apps and own custom tools to ease different tasks.
SparkyLinux is a Debian-based Linux distribution which provides ready to use, out of the box operating system with a set of slightly customized lightweight desktops.
Sparky is targeted to all the computer’s users who want replace existing, proprietary driven OS to an open-sourced.
Main features of Sparky
– Debian based
– rolling release
– lightweight, fast & simple
– set of desktops to choose: LXDE, Xfce
– most wireless and mobile network cards supported
– set of selected applications, multimedia codecs and plugins
– own repository with a large set of additional applications
– easy hard drive installation
In general, Sparky is not targeted to Linux beginners, rather to users with some amount of Linux knowledge. Anyway, the Linux beginners are welcome too – our forums is open for any question.