PCLinuxOS is an English only install and live DVD initially based on Mandrake Linux. It runs entirely from a single DVD. Data on the DVD is uncompressed on the fly, making all of the 2GB of software ready to use. A complete X server, KDE desktop, OpenOffice.org, and many more applications are readily available. After you've installed PCLinuxOS, additional packages can be added or removed from your hard drive using apt-get with the Synaptic frontend.
The KDE Desktop: a popular, multi-platform desktop environment for your computer and a great Windows OS replacement. KDE’s focus is ease of use, stability, and first-class internationalization and accessibility support. KDE is Free and Open Source Software and provides all of the common tools computer users expect of a modern computing environment, such as e-mail, web browsing, file management, multimedia, and games.
* kernel 4.11.8
* xorg 1.19.3
* KDE Plasma Desktop (5.10.3)
* KDE Frameworks (5.35.0)
* KDE Applications (17.04.2)
* Qt5 (5.9.1)
* Nvidia drivers pre-installed
* LibreOffice (22.214.171.124)
* basic uefi/gpt installation support
* systemd free
* grub2 by default (legacy grub also available for non uefi/gpt systems)
* updated administration tools
* mylivecd can now create isos greater than 4 gigs
* all kind of drivers/applications to deal with any kind of external hardware like cell-phones, scanner, printer, webcam, TV, Bluetooth, IPod, radio, etc.