Netrunner is a Linux operating system for desktop computers and netbooks. It uses the KDE Plasma desktop environment.
The Desktop version ships with a complete set of pre-installed software for everyday use. The Core version allows you to build up your own system or run it on low-spec hardware like arm-boards. Netrunner Rolling is based on Arch/Manjaro, whereas Netrunner Desktop and Core are both Debian-based.
Netrunner is using KDE Plasma and tuning it to be as snappy and responsive as possible. We actively sponsor development of Plasma’s core and new components are included in Netrunner early on, for example:
– Simplemenu and Dash
– Task-Manager with Expanding Icons
– Desktop Workspace (icons on a clean desktop, no overlays)
– Hot-Spot “Show Desktop” in lower right corner
– Auto-started KWallet
– Simplified System Settings
– Firefox-ESR and Thunderbird with Plasma Integration
– Unified Look for KDE and non-KDE-applications via GTK-Configuration