- MX Linux
- MX Linux 17 - 16GB USB Flash Drive (64-bit)
MX Linux 17 - 16GB USB Flash Drive (64-bit)
$14.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $20
Usually ships next business day
Contents: 1 USB Flash Drive
Platform: 64-bit (x86-64, amd64)
Media Type: Install, Live
Categories: Desktop, Old Computers
OSDisc.com Rank: #24
Date Added to OSDisc.com: December 16, 2017
Item ID: IMCBC4B3LA
Drive Model: Kingston DataTraveler SE9 (USB 2.0)
Transfer Speed: 15MB/s read; 5MB/s write
Drive Features: Unique and Sophisticated Metallic Design
Dimensions: 1.54" x 0.48" x 0.18" (39.0mm x 12.4mm x 4.6mm)
Warranty: 5-year Manufacturer Warranty
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
MX Linux is a cooperative venture between the antiX and former MEPIS communities, using the best tools and talents from each distro. It is a midweight OS designed to combine an elegant and efficient desktop with simple configuration, high stability, solid performance and medium-sized footprint.
MX Linux relies on the excellent upstream work by Linux and the open-source community, deploying Xfce4 as Desktop Environment on top of a Debian Stable base. We draw from the core antiX system and and include work and ideas used by Warren Woodford for his MEPIS project. Ongoing backports and outside additions to ourRepos serve to keep components current with developments.
- Kernels (secured against known vulnerabilities)
- 32bit: Linux kernel 4.13.0-1 PAE (non-PAE kernel: antiX). Very stable kernel for many machines.
- 64bit: linux-image-4.13.0-1-amd64. Recent stable kernel for newer machines.
- Easy upgrade (to latest liquorix kernel in Test Repo) or downgrade with Package Installer
- Debian Stable 9.3 (Stretch), augmented by ongoing backports and additions
- Xfce 4.12.3
- core antiX systems
- Automatic enabling of most Broadcom drivers
- UEFI installer (64bit)
Key default applications
The versions listed refer to the date of release; they will be continually upgraded as time goes on.
- Browser: Firefox 57.0.2
- Video Player: VLC 2.7-1
- Music Manager/Player: Clementine 1.3.1
- Email client: Thunderbird 52.5
- Office suite: LibreOffice 5.4.1-1 (x64)
- Backup: LuckyBackup 0.4.9-1
- Security: Passwords and Keys 3.20.0-3.1
- Terminal: Xfce4 Terminal 0.8.3-1
- Easy and flexible installation
- Excellent hardware recognition
- Automatic configuration for most users
- One-click change of panel orientation and default theme
- One-click enabling of Event sounds and Hibernation
- Important applications updated regularly by Community
- MX Tools dashboard for easy access to MX apps
- Localization for MX apps in many languages
- Great help through video set
- Full Users Manual onboard and online
- Excellent support on a friendly forum
Tools to make common tasks easier
Many of these Tools were developed specifically for MX, while some were forked from existing antiX apps or are existing antiX apps; a couple were imported with permission from outside sources.
- Create Live USB
- Remaster tool
- Live-usb kernel updater
- Boot repair
- Menu editor
- User manager
- Nvidia driver installer
- Codecs installer
- Network Assistant
- Select sound
- System sounds
- Apt notifier
- Check Apt GPG
- Package installer: now includes Debian Backports, MX Test, and Debian Stable repos
- Repo manager
- Quick System Info
- Switch user
- iDevice Mounter
One-click Extras with Package Installer
The MX Package Installer includes 1) popular applications from the Debian Stable repos; 2) packages brought in from Debian Testing/Sid and properly configured; 3) packages not found in Debian repos at all but pulled from developers' websites or other distro-specific repos and also properly configured.
- Children: Preschool, Primary, etc.
- Graphics: ImageMagik, Inkscape, etc.
- Messaging: Pidgin, Skype, etc.
- Network: Dropbox, Tor and Privoxy, etc.
- Office: GnuCash, Adobe Reader, Calibre, etc.
- System: Budgie Desktop, KDE, LXDE, MATE, etc.
- Audio: Audacity, DeaDBeeF, Pithos, Spotify, etc.
- Video: DVDStyler, MPlayer, OpenShot, etc