> Project: LXLE
> LXLE 16.04.1 - 8GB USB Flash Drive (64-bit)
$14.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $20
Usually ships next business day
Contents: 1 USB Flash Drive
Bit Version: 64-bit
Media Type: Install, Live
Categories: Desktop, Old Computers
OSDisc.com Project Rank: #15
Date Added to OSDisc.com: July 30, 2016
Drive Manufacturer: Kingston Technology
Drive Model: DataTraveler SE9
Drive Interface: USB 2.0
Drive Speed: 15MB/sec read; 5MB/sec write
Drive Warranty: 5-year manufacturer warranty
Dimensions: 1.535" x 0.486" x 0.179" (39.00mm x 12.35mm x 4.55mm)
Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
LXLE is based on Lubuntu which is an Ubuntu OS using the LXDE desktop enviroment. It is designed to be a drop-in and go OS, primarily for aging computers. Its intention is to be able to install it on any computer and be relatively done after install. At times removing unwanted programs or features is easier than configuring for a day. Our distro follows the same LTS schedule as Ubuntu. In short, LXLE is an eclectic respin of Lubuntu with its own user support.
- Stick with LTS only releases of Ubuntu to ensure hardware & software support.
- Based on Lubuntu Linux to ensure a fast capable desktop for aging computers.
- Keep desktop and other major software updated to the latest stable version.
- Provide a complete drop in and go replacement for XP, Vista, 7 Starter/Basic.
- Cover most users everyday needs by providing an excellent set of default apps.
- Add useful necessary mods and tweaks, to improve performance & functions.
- Develop a beautiful modern looking intuitive desktop for anyone to use easily.
- Save system resources and spend them wisely on capable, feature rich apps.
LXLE Development Cycle
- Our development cycle is quite simple. We stick with LTS releases of Ubuntu/Lubuntu.
- For us, our new versions of LXLE correspond with the updates provided to the LTS release.
- In other words, our versions between LTS releases are the 6 month incremental updates.
- Light on resources; Heavy on functions.
- Always based on Ubuntu/Lubuntu LTS.
- Uses an optimized LXDE user interface.
- Four familiar desktop layout paradigms.
- Prudent full featured Apps preinstalled.
- Latest stable versions of major software.
- Added PPAs extends available software.
- Weather, Aero Snap, Quick Launch
- Random Wallpaper, Panel Trash access
- Theme consistency throughout system.
- 100 gorgeous wallpapers preinstalled.
- Numerous other tweaks/additions.
- 32 and 64 bit OS versions available.
- Boots & is online in less than 1 minute.