> Project: Linux Mint
> Linux Mint 13 KDE - Install/Live DVD (32-bit)
Linux Mint 13 KDE
$5.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $20
Usually ships next business day
Contents: 1 DVD
Bit Version: 32-bit
Media Type: Install, Live
Categories: Beginners, Desktop
OSDisc.com Project Rank: #1
Date Added to OSDisc.com: July 23, 2012
Linux Mint's purpose is to produce an elegant, up-to-date, and comfortable GNU/Linux desktop based on Ubuntu. Some of the reasons for the success of Linux Mint are:
New features in Linux Mint 13 KDE
- It's one of the most community driven distributions
- It is a Debian-based distribution and as such it is very solid and it comes with one of the greatest package managers
- It is compatible with and uses Ubuntu repositories. This gives Linux Mint users access to a huge collection of packages and software.
- It comes with a lot of desktop improvements which make it easier for the user to do common things
- There is a strong focus on making things work out of the box (WiFi cards drivers in the file system, multimedia support, screen resolution, etc)
KDE is a vibrant, innovative, advanced, modern looking and full-featured desktop environment. This edition features all the improvements from the latest Linux Mint release on top of KDE 4.8.
Linux Mint 13 "Maya" KDE Edition
The highlight of this edition is the latest KDE 4.8 desktop, which features the following improvements:
- Kwin optimizations
- Redesign of power management and integration with Activities
- The first QtQuick-based Plasma widgets have entered the default installation of Plasma Desktop, with more to follow in future releases
- New display engine in Dolphin
- New Kate features and improvements
- Functional and visual improvements in Gwenview
- For a complete tour of the new features in KDE 4.8, please visit http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.8.
Backgrounds: The default background is complemented by a collection of beautiful photographs from an Irish artist called "masterbutler".
A collection of beautiful photographs from masterbutler
Yahoo: Linux Mint switches to Yahoo as the default search engine for the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. Yahoo is the 2nd biggest search engine in the World, and the first major search engine to share revenue with Linux Mint. The results page is full of features, it comes with a nice layout, images, videos and blogs search, points of interest, time filters and cached results. Underneath the interface, Yahoo comes with a strong network of advertisers and its addition represents a huge opportunity and an additional source of income for Linux Mint.
Yahoo is now the default search engine in Linux Mint
Search engines help fund Linux Mint: Search engines share with Linux Mint the revenue generated for them by Linux Mint users. The following search engines share revenue with us: Yahoo!, DuckDuckGo and Amazon. By using these engines for search or to make purchases, you help fund the Linux Mint project.
Easy installation of other engines: Clear explanations and easy instructions are there in Linux Mint for users to understand why some engines aren't installed by default and how to easily install them.
Linux Mint 13 features the following upstream components: Ubuntu 12.04, Linux 3.2, KDE 4.8.