- Knoppix 8.1 - 16GB USB Flash Drive (32-bit)
Knoppix 8.1 - 16GB USB Flash Drive (32-bit)
$14.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $20
Usually ships next business day
Contents: 1 USB Flash Drive
Platform: 32-bit (x86)
Media Type: Live
OSDisc.com Rank: #9
Date Added to OSDisc.com: September 28, 2017
Item ID: B4K6VN8HJ7
Drive Model: Kingston DataTraveler SE9 (USB 2.0)
Transfer Speed: 15MB/s read; 5MB/s write
Drive Features: Unique and Sophisticated Metallic Design
Dimensions: 1.54" x 0.48" x 0.18" (39.0mm x 12.4mm x 4.6mm)
Warranty: 5-year Manufacturer Warranty
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
KNOPPIX is a bootable Live system on DVD, consisting of a representative collection of GNU/Linux software, automatic hardware detection, and support for many graphics cards, sound cards, SCSI and USB devices and other peripherals. KNOPPIX can be used as a productive Linux system for the desktop, educational DVD, rescue system, or adapted and used as a platform for commercial software product demos. It is not necessary to install anything on a hard disk. Due to on-the-fly decompression, this DVD has 11 GB of executable software installed on it.
A variety of software packages from the Debian software repositories is installed:
- LXDE as the standard desktop,
- Open Office,
- the Firefox WWW browser,
- GNU Image Manipulation Program GIMP,
- MPlayer Multimedia System,
- Internet-access software for (W)LAN, modem, isdn, umts/gprs,
- Tools for data rescue, network analysis and system repair.
- Office productivity
- Software development and engineering (various programming languages and development environments)
Knoppix 8.1 Release Notes
- Version 8.1 of KNOPPIX is based on the usual picks from Debian stable (stretch), testing (buster) and unstable (sid) for newer graphics drivers or desktop software packages. It uses Linux kernel 4.12.7 and Xorg 7.7 (core 1.19.3) for supporting current computer hardware.
- Kernel Patches: cloop, aufs, TCP Stealth.
- Both 32bit and 64bit kernel supporting both old and new computers, the 64bit version also supporting systems with more than 4GB of RAM and chroot to 64-bit installations for system rescue tasks. The bootloader will start the 64bit kernel automatically if a 64bit-capable CPU is detected (if not manually specified otherwise).
- For Computers that can only start from CD, not from DVD or USB flash pen, a tiny bootable CD image has been placed in the "KNOPPIX" folder, which can be burned and used together with the full USB or DVD version in order to start on old computers.
- New in 8.1:
- BFQ (Budget Fair Queue Scheduler), now included in the standard kernel within the multipath scheduler, austomatically activated for slow disks,
- Kernel and system software (Debian stretch+buster) updated,
- LibreOffice 5.4.1, Gimp 2.8.20
- Chromium 60.0.3112.78 and Firefox (ex Iceweasel) 55 Web Browser with ublock Origin and NoScript Security-Plugin (--> Firefox no longer supports sound, check "bugs" section)
- Automatic expansion of overlay partition on USB flash pen without reboot (!) after 1:1 copy of ISO hybrid image on USB flash pen (see New hybrid layout),
- Personal remastering option when copying to USB flash pen using flash-knoppix
- New programs: etherape (graphical network monitor), archivemount, terminator (terminal emulator with many features),
- Mathematical software maxima 5.40, also integrated as live session in Texmacs,
- New version of 3D window manager compiz 0.9.13.1,
- LXDE (Default) with filemanager PCMANFM 1.2.5, KDE 5.8 (boot option knoppix desktop=kde), GNOME 3.24 (boot option knoppix desktop=gnome),
- Wine version 2.0.0 (git) for integration of Windows (TM) based programs,
- qemu-kvm 2.8 for (para-)virtualization.
- electrum 2.7.9 for managing Bitcoin Wallets,
- tiny "boot only" CD image inside the "KNOPPIX" directory for computers that can only boot from CD, but not from DVD or USB flash drive,
- UEFI secure boot support
Knoppix supports 32-bit and 64-bit PCs. During bootup it will detect your CPU and automatically load the correct version.