- GhostBSD 18.10 - 16GB USB Flash Drive (64-bit)
GhostBSD 18.10 - 16GB USB Flash Drive (64-bit)
$14.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $20
Usually ships next business day
Contents: 1 USB Flash Drive
Platform: 64-bit (x86-64, amd64)
Media Type: Install, Live
OSDisc.com Rank: #30
Date Added to OSDisc.com: November 8, 2018
Item ID: HNEWAXSJHP
Drive Model: Kingston DataTraveler SE9 (USB 2.0)
Transfer Speed: 15MB/s read; 5MB/s write
Drive Features: Unique and Sophisticated Metallic Design
Dimensions: 1.54" x 0.48" x 0.18" (39.0mm x 12.4mm x 4.6mm)
Warranty: 5-year Manufacturer Warranty
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
GhostBSD is a simple, user-friendly operating system, based on TrueOS. GhostBSD provides all the benefits of the TrueOS operating system combined with a focus on simplicity for newcomers. GhostBSD is shipped with a simple installer, including the MATE desktop environment, pre-installed, with a graphical application to easily install software and update your system, and codecs to play multimedia files. GhostBSD is suitable for newcomers to BSD as well as experienced *nix users. With modest hardware requirements, GhostBSD is ideal for modern workstations.
What has changed since 11.1
- GhostBSD is now built from TrueOS instead of FreeBSD
- OpenRC is GhostBSD main init system
- LibreSSL is the default SSL
- GhostBSD base system can now be upgraded to the next release via TrueOS packages base
- We removed grub from the iso in favor of the new FreeBSD hybrid loader.
- NetworkMgr now supports the option to manage multiple network card connection.
- Unionfs was removed from the live session.
- The live system has been rewritten to fix many issues
- GhostBSD boots directly to mate session
- GhostBSD supports ZFS BE by default
- FreeBSD ports and packages are incompatible with GhostBSD 18.10
- GhostBSD uses TrueOS ports to build packages.
- drm-next-kmod was added for newer AMD and Intel support
- ibva-intel-driver and libva-vdpau-driver was added to supports accelerated video driver for some Intel card
- nvidia-driver-390.87 was added by default to support latest Nvidia card.
- xconfig was created to add generated default xorg.conf.