> Project: AryaLinux
> AryaLinux Mate 2016.08 - Install DVD (64-bit)
AryaLinux Mate 2016.08
$5.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $20
Usually ships next business day
Contents: 1 DVD
Bit Version: 64-bit
Media Type: Install
Categories: Desktop, Server
OSDisc.com Project Rank: #54
Date Added to OSDisc.com: October 13, 2016
AryaLinux is a source-based GNU/Linux distribution that has been put together using Linux From Scratch (LFS) as a guide. The AryaLinux distribution uses a source/ports style of package management and a custom package manager called alps.
AryaLinux 2016.08 focusses on bringing the latest, most bleeding edge components of the Linux world into the distro that you create with your own hands. Building upon the stability of AryaLinux 2016.04, this release focuses on bringing about standardization by solidifying the already established method of building AryaLinux and provides support for additional Desktop Environments - KDE and LXQt. Here are some of the features that come as a part of this release of AryaLinux:
- Latest kernel - 4.7. This kernel release supports a lot of new hardware.
- GCC upgraded to gcc6. The entire system is built using gcc6
- Mate Desktop Environment upgraded from 1.12 to 1.15
- Support for KDE and LXQt desktop environment. Please find documents to install them in the documentation/help section.
- QT4 dropped. QT5 is the default QT version
- VLC Media player upgraded to 3.x version
- simple-screen-recorder does not work with QT5 so kazam which does not require QT is also a part of this release.
- Lot of new application build-scripts added like photivo, blender, openshot, remmina, putty, audacity, clementine, grub-customizer, lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings, conky, conky-manager, plank.