> Project: antiX
> antiX MX-15 - 32GB USB Flash Drive (64-bit)
$29.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $20
Usually ships next business day
Contents: 1 USB Flash Drive
Bit Version: 64-bit
Media Type: Install, Live
Categories: Desktop, Old Computers
OSDisc.com Project Rank: #26
Date Added to OSDisc.com: July 11, 2016
Drive Manufacturer: Kingston Technology
Drive Model: DataTraveler SE9 G2
Drive Interface: USB 3.0/2.0
Drive Speed: 100MB/sec read; 15MB/sec write
Drive Warranty: 5-year manufacturer warranty
Dimensions: 1.77" x 0.48" x 0.18" (45.00mm x 12.2mm x 4.6mm)
Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
MX-15 is the current release of MX Linux, a special version of antiX developed in full collaboration with the MEPIS Community, using the best tools and talents from each distro. It is a midweight OS designed to combine an elegant and efficient desktop with simple configuration, high stability, solid performance and medium-sized footprint.
Relying on the excellent upstream work by Linux, MX-15 deploys Xfce4 as Desktop Environment on top of a Debian Stable base; ongoing backports to the Community Repos keep it current. It also incorporates the independent and innovative development products smxi and inxi.
- Debian Backport kernel 4.2.0-0.bpo.1-amd64.
More recent kernel to cater to newer hardware
- Debian 8.2
- Xfce 4.12
- Automatic enabling of Broadcom drivers b43 and b44
- UEFI installer (64bit, experimental)
- Details: type in terminal
|One-click Extras with MX Package Installer
- Children: Preschool, Primary, etc.
- Graphics: Gimp, ImageMagik, Inkscape, etc.
- Network: Skype, Dropbox, etc.
- Office: GnuCash, Adobe Reader, Calibre, etc.
- System: KDE, LXDE, MATE, etc.
- Audio: Audacity, DeaDBeeF, Pithos, etc.
- Video: DVDStyler, MPlayer, OpenShot, etc
- Browser: Firefox 43.0
- Video Player: VLC 2.2.1-2
- Music Manager/Player: Clementine 1.2.3
- Email client: Thunderbird 38.4
- LibreOffice 18.104.22.168
- hplip 3.15.7-1
- Expanded Settings Manager
- Easy and flexible installation
- Excellent hardware recognition
- Configuration automatic for most users
- One-click change of panel orientation
- One-click enabling of Event sounds
- Important applications updated regularly by Community
- MX Tools dashboard for easy access to MX apps
- Localization for MX apps in many languages
- Great help through video set
- Full Users Manual onboard and online
- Excellent support on a friendly forum
|MX Original Apps
- Apt Notifier
- Boot Repair
- Broadcom Manager
- Check Apt GPG
- Codecs Installer
- Find Shares
- Flash Manager
- Package Installer
- Switch User
- User Manager
- Create Live USB
- Sound Card